Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Do Well, Do Good.


Those were the words my Dad said to me two decades ago as I began my journey into the 'real world' as a College Freshman.

I don't know that I really thought about what he was saying until much later in life.

Today I was required to look around and take note of my own accomplishments, without the measure of money or accolades following closely behind.

I was surrounded by business leaders, politicians, development professionals and good friends. We were hosting CCT (Coastal Carolina Tomorrow) for an evening social.

With Downtown Wilmington in the background, we were sharing the new RiverWalk with our associates and allowing them to judge for themselves the important work we are all doing within our Community.

Their favorable impression was evident.

And for the first time in years (literally) I actually took a breath and looked around at what is quickly becoming the end of one journey and the beginning of a new one. I feel as though I have spent a lifetime just to get this project to some semblance of reality and yet we still have so far to go.

The role of the real estate developer is to have a positive impact on the community and the environment.

To that end, today was a good day, our team has done well and for that I am proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment